NORTHAMPTON, Mass. – The Brandeis University volleyball team won two more matches today as the Judges did not drop a set all weekend long as they posted a 3-0 record at the Hall of Fame Invitational. Brandeis rolled past host school Smith College (25-11, 25-16, 25-11), then defeated Trinity (Conn). College (25-15, 25-18, 25-19) to improve to 11-14 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED – SMITH (25-11, 25-16, 25-11)
- The Judges hit a season-best .297 as they defeated the Pioneers, posting 33 kills and just 11 errors in 74 total attacks.
- Brandeis had a balanced attack with six players registering between four and eight kills. Junior Emma Bartlett (Duxbury, Mass./Duxbury) led the way with eight, while sophomores Marissa Borgert (Blaine, Minn./Spring Lake Park) and Belle Scott (Portland, Ore./Oregon Episcopal School) had six each.
- Borgert also had 15 assists, four service aces and two block assists.
- Senior Marlee Nork (Chicago, Ill./Walter Payton College Prep) added 14 assists, and six aces, a season-high.
- Rookie Kaitlyn Oh (Santa Clara, Calif./Cupertino) led the defensive effort with 15 digs, while senior Grace Krumpack (Cincinnati, Ohio/Colrain) had 12.
HOW IT HAPPENED – TRINITY (25-15, 25-18, 25-19)
- Bartlett led the attack once again as the Judges swept the Bantams. She had 12 kills and no errors in 21 attempts for a .571 hitting percentage. She also had three solo blocks.
- Senior Shea Decker-Jacoby (Los Angeles, Calif./Marymount) added 11 kills.
- Oh totaled 24 digs, while classmate Stephanie Borr (Westfield, N.J./Westfield) had 10.
- Borgert finished with 43 assists, her career-best.
- The Judges travel to Wellesley College on Thursday night for a 7 p.m. match against the Blue.