WALTHAM, Mass. – The Brandeis men's soccer team dropped a heartbreaking overtime game to University Athletic Association foe Rochester tonight, as the visiting Yellowjackets scored 51 seconds into overtime to take a 2-1 victory. With the loss, the Judges fall to 6-5-1 overall, 1-1-1 in the UAA. UR improves to 9-1-1 overall, 1-1-1 UAA. The Yellowjackets are ranked 11th in Division III by the United Soccer Coaches and 15th by D3soccer.com.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brandeis opened the scoring in the third minute of play. Senior Brandon Miskin (Needham, Mass./Worcester Academy) put a corner kick onto the head of junior Alex Walter (Londonderry, N.H./Lawrence Acad.), and Walter blasted home his first of the season.
- Rochester returned the favor in the 36th minute, as Aidan Miller headed home a long throw-in from Bryce Ikeda.
- After UR took a 14-12 edge in shots at the end of regulation, the visitors took advantage of a Brandeis miscue in their defensive end, and Cristian Baltier made them pay by blasting home a shot from the top of the box in the 91st minute.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Rochester finished with 15-12 edge in shots and 7-2 corner kick advantage.
- Brandeis junior Greg Irwin (Passaic, N.J./Seton Hall Prep) made two saves in the losing effort.
- UR's Patrick Conway earned the win with four stops.
- Brandeis will look to bounce back on Sunday at 11 a.m. on Senior Day when they meet Emory University.