WALTHAM, Mass. – The Brandeis swimming and diving teams dropped a pair of meets against their cross-town rivals from Bentley University tonight. The Falcon men edged the Judges, 172-122, while the Bentley women prevailed, 208-80. The Brandeis men now stand at 2-4 on the season, while the women are 2-6. Bentley improves to 4-0 for the men and 5-0 for the women.
TOP PERFORMERS - MEN
- Brandeis sophomore Richard Selznick (Las Vegas, Nev./Palos Verdes) remained unbeaten in distance freestyle events this season, claiming the 1000 by 20 seconds with a time of 10:06.29, a season-best, and the 500 in 4:53.11, winning by a margin of just over two seconds. He also placed third in the 200 IM in 2:06.17.
- Junior Tamir Zitelny (Syosset, N.Y./Syosset) added a pair of wins, taking the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 55.34 seconds, and the 100-yard butterfly in 51.59 seconds. The latter win was by more than a full second. He was also fourth in the 200 fly (2:07.06).
- Rookie Brendon Lu (Basking Ridge, N.J./Ridge) was a double-winner in the 200 IM (2:02.28) by 0.28 seconds, and in the 200 breaststroke (2:14.59), by a margin of more than two seconds. He added a runner-up finish in the 100 breaststroke (1:01.72).
- Sophomore Daniel Wohl (Chapel Hill, N.C/East Chapel Hill) earned a win in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 47.95 seconds, 0.34 seconds ahead of second place.
- The Brandeis men opened the meet with a win in the 400 medley relay by the team of Zitelny, Lu, junior Matthew Arcemont (Santa Ana, Calif./Mater Dei) and Wohl. They touched in 3:35.57, winning by 0.24 seconds.
TOP PERFORMERS – WOMEN
- First-year Lauren Howard (Abington, Mass./Cardinal Spelman) picked up a win for the women in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 26.10 seconds, just six-hundredths ahead of her Bentley rival.
- The women also claimed victory in one relay, as the team of sophomore Audrey Kim (Livingston, N.J./Livingston), Howard, sophomore Uajda Musaka (Winthrop, Mass./Winthrop) and senior Kylie Herman (Weston, Fla./Cypress Bay) edged Bentley in the 200 free relay by five-hundredths of a second with a time of 1:44.05.
- The Brandeis swimming and diving teams head to Worcester on Dec. 1 for the Gompei Invitational at WPI.