BRIDGEWATER, Mass. – The Brandeis swimming and diving teams cruised to a pair of dual meet wins on Friday evening at Bridgewater State University, with the Judges combining to win 21 of the 24 events contested. The Brandeis women won their third-straight meet, 159-52, to improve to 4-8 on the season, while the men earned a 130-82 victory, their first of the season, to move to 1-8-1.
FOR THE WOMEN
- Brandeis had four different competitors win two events each.
- Rookie Kylie Herman (Weston, Fla./Cypress Hill) continued her terrific campaign with wins in the 500 free (5:24.64) and the 100 butterfly (1:04.52).
- Junior Joanna Murphy (Sarasota, Fla./Riverview) switched from her standard distance freestyle events to sprints, taking the 100 (58.86 seconds) and 200 (2:04.41).
- Senior Fallon Bushee (Malden, Mass./ Mystic Valley Regional Charter School) set a personal season best in the 200 individual medley (2:26.08) and won the 100 breaststroke (1:18.06).
- Rookie Julia Tartaglia (Newton, Mass. / Newton South) added two diving wins, scoring 160.55 in the one-meter and 175.10 in the 3-meters.
- Single event winners for the Judges were sophomore Ariana Traub (Tiburon, Calif. / Redwood), who earned her first win of the season in the 50 free (27.01 seconds) and sophomore Amy Sheinhait (Framingham, Mass. / Framingham) in the 100 backstroke (1:08.95).
- The Judges also won the 200 medley relay in 2:02.78 behind the team of Sheinhait, Bushee, sophomores Sherry Tu (Guangdong, China / Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women (N.Y.) and Abby Damsky (New York, N.Y. / The Brearley School).
- The 200 free relay team of Tu, sophomore Maya Saar (Columbus, Ohio / Columbus School for Girls) , Murphy and Herman won with a time of 1:47.95.
FOR THE MEN
- Junior Cameron Braz (Monson, Mass. / Monson) was the only double winner for the men, taking the 50- and 100-yard freestyle events with times of 23.07 and 50.38 seconds.
- Sophomore Zach Diamond (Staten Island, N.Y./Staten Island Acad.) won the 200 free by more than 10 seconds in a season-best 1:50.48.
- Junior Eb Weber (Murray, Ky. / Murray) took his first win of the season in the 100 butterfly with a time of 58.13 seconds.
- Sophomore Taku Harada (Henrico, Va. / Mills E. Godwin) earned a season-best time in the 500 free with a mark of 5:02.61.
- Sophomore Sam Zucker (Omaha, Neb./Anderson)had an extremely narrow win in 3-meter diving, edging his BSU opponent by a tenth of a point, 197.45 to 197.35.
- Senior David Lazarovich (Stowe, Vt. / South Burlington) won the final individual event of the meet, the 100 breaststroke, in 1:05.76.
- In the relays, the team of Weber, sophomores Adib Milani (Vienna, Va. / Marshall),Evan Thom (Natick, Mass. / Natick), and Lazarovich took the 200 medley in 1:46.01, edging their Bear foes by less than half a second.
- Thom, Diamond, Harada and Braz won the 200 free relay by more than five seconds in 1:31.66