WALTHAM, Mass. – The Brandeis women's swimming and diving team had three multiple winners today as the Judges defeated Merrimack College, 126-84, for their second victory of the season. Brandeis improves to 2-8, Merrimack falls to 0-6.
- Rookie Kylie Herman (Weston, Fla. / Cypress Bay) led the Judges with three wins. She took the 200 freestyle (2:03.04), the 100 butterfly (1:05.18) and the 200 individual medley (2:22.52). The latter two wins came in back-to-back events.
- Junior Joanna Murphy (Sarasota, Fla./Riverview) claimed the distance freestyle events, taking the 1000 in 11:23.34 and the 500 in 5:34.17. She won by margins of 20 and 23 seconds, respectively.
- Senior Fallon Bushee (Malden, Mass. / Mystic Valley Regional Charter Sch.) took both breaststroke events, the 100 (1:17.04) and the 200 (2:48.26), with the latter win coming by 0.52 seconds.
- Sophomore Abby Damsky (New York, N.Y. / The Brearley School) added a win in the 50 free (27.49 seconds).
- The Judges also took both relay events.
- In the 200-yard medley relay, sophomore Sherry Tu (Guangdong, China / Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women (N.Y.) and rookie Sabrina Greer (Greensboro, N.C. / Greensboro Day School) joined Herman and Bushee for a six-second win with a time of 2:02.10.
- In the 200 free relay, Damsky, sophomore Maya Saar (Columbus, Ohio / Columbus School for Girls), Murphy and Tu collected an eight-second win in 1:50.47.
- Brandeis meets Trinity College on Saturday at 1 p.m.
For more information on Brandeis Athletics, please visit brandeisjudges.com or follow us on Twitter or Instagram @brandeisjudges, or follow us on Facebook.
- 30 -