Men's Tennis Falls to Trinity (Conn.), 8-1
HARTFORD, Conn.- On Sunday April 14th, the Brandeis men's tennis team travelled to Trinity (Conn.) to take on the Bantams.
Despite strong efforts from every player, the Judges fell 8-1. Sophomore Alec Siegel (Deerfield, Ill./ Deerfield) and rookie Mitch Krems (Thousand Oaks, Calif./ Century Acad.) earned Brandeis' win with an 8-5 victory at No. 2 doubles. Meanwhile, seniors Steven Milo (Woodbury, N.Y./ Syosset) and Dave Yovanoff (Eden, N.Y./ Eden) fell in a tiebreaker at No. 1 doubles, 9-8 (8-6).
In singles action, the Judges were swept but had four matches go the distance. Both Krems at No. 2 and rookie Danny Lubarsky (Cleveland, Ohio/ Hawken School) at No. 6 lost first set tiebreakers. However, Krems won his second set 6-2 before falling in the final set 6-3 while Lubarsky won his his second set 6-3 before falling 6-2 in the third set. Milo, at No.1, and Yovanoff, at No. 3, also fell in three sets as each player won their first set but lost the next two.
Brandeis looks to rebound with their next match on Wednesday April 17th against Division-I Bryant College at 3:00 p.m.
Trinity (Conn.) 8, Brandeis 1
Apr 14, 2013 at Hartford, Conn. (Trinity College)
1. Daniel Carpenter (TRIN-CT) def. Steven Milo (BRMTEN) 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
2. Ned Mandel (TRIN-CT) def. Mitch Krems (BRMTEN) 7-6, 2-6, 6-3
3. Kayong Lee (TRIN-CT) def. Dave Yovanoff (BRMTEN) 3-6, 6-0, 6-1
4. Ilya Levin (TRIN-CT) def. Alec Siegel (BRMTEN) 6-0, 6-3
5. Ford Traff (TRIN-CT) def. Michael Secular (BRMTEN) 6-4, 6-2
6. Musyoka Mbithi (TRIN-CT) def. Danny Lubarsky (BRMTEN) 7-6, 3-6, 6-2
1. Musyoka Mbithi/ Milo (TRIN-CT) def. Steven Milo/ Dave Yovanoff (BRMTEN) 9-8 (6)
2. Alec Siegel/ Mitch Krems (BRMTEN) def. Ned Mande/ Ilya Levin (TRIN-CT) 8-5
3. Ford Traff/ Kayong Lee (TRIN-CT) def. Michael Secular/ Danny Lubarsky (BRMTEN) 8-6
Trinity (Conn.) 6-6