Brandeis University Swimming & Diving
with members of the Brandeis University Swim Team
Session 1 $70.00
Session 2 $70.00
Flexible Date Lessons -$30.00
For registration information and general questions:
This program brings children ages 3 and older together with experienced instructors (members of the University swimming team) for private (one-on-one) swimming instruction. The goal of the program is simple: To provide quality instruction geared to the individual needs of the child in a safe, supportive and enthusiastic environment. We also hope that a positive relationship will be developed between your child and the instructor.
1. Anyone interested in enrolling his or her child(ren) in the program must fill out an application. All applications are filed according to the date the application is received. Previous swim students, Brandeis employees and Brandeis alumni will have priority over all other applicants regardless of application date. Registering for both sessions is allowed and encouraged.
2. Your child will be evaluated during their first lesson by their assigned instructor and appropriate material will be covered over the course of the remaining lessons.
3. The swimming lessons are 30 minutes, taking place between 4pm and 6pm. The lesson dates are based upon the Brandeis academic calendar, the Swimming and Diving team’s meet schedule, practice schedule, and other team or academic responsibilities.
Flexible Date Lesson: Pick any of the dates above at $25 per lesson. If you would like to sign up for this, you must indicate on you application what dates you would like to attend. This option is meant for those who cannot commit to all 4 lessons of Session 1 or all 4 lessons of Session 2. This option allows for you to sign up for part of Session 1 and part of Session2.
GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
1. Parents and spectators may watch the lessons from the balcony only. Parents are not allowed on deck. Individual questions should be discussed with the instructor prior to, or after, the session. Since our instructors are often booked for two hour blocks, emailing them is probably the best way to communicate.
2. No refunds will be given except for medical emergencies.
3. The instructor cannot make up a lesson that the child misses.
4. Parents and instructor must communicate to insure the child’s progress and prevent conflicts. If a problem develops, contact your instructor.
6. Children will be assigned the same instructor and same time for each session unless the instructor is not available, or in the event that a parent or instructor has made a change request.
PARKING AND FACILITY POLICIES
1. Parking for swim lessons is available directly behind the Linsey Sport Center. To access these spaces, enter using the main access road on the athletics side of the campus. Continue straight down the hill between the baseball field (on right) and the Gosman Convocation Center. Follow the road around the back of the building and take a left at the opposite end of the building. Drive up the slight incline and there is a lot immediately on your right that is behind the pool.
2. The main entrance to the Linsey Pool is located on the front of the building facing South Street. You can walk up the fire lane and follow the stairs on the right to the front door. Please enter and exit the pool only through these doors. You may not leave the Linsey Pool to any other part of the athletic facility. Any adjacent multi-purpose rooms are not to be used for any reason. All siblings who are not swimming should be seated in the balcony with you for the duration of the lesson.
3. Doors will open at 3:30pm every Friday.
We want this to be the best possible experience for your child(ren). All communication should be between you and your assigned instructor. General program matters can be directed to Eric Thurston (781.736.3658. or email@example.com ).
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE PDF TO BE RETURNED TO
Attention: Eric Thurston, Swimming Office
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453