WALTHAM, Mass. – The Brandeis University men's soccer team got goals from six different players as the 20th-ranked Judges defeated Elms College, 6-0, on Gordon Field today. The Judges improve to 4-1 with the win, the Blazers fall to 0-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Judges got all the scoring they would need in the 12th minute when senior Josh Ocel (No. Attleboro, Mass./Worcester Academy) bent a corner kick directly into the net on a bounce.
- Sophomore Max Breiter (Lincoln, Mass./Lawrence Academy) netted the next goal, one-timing home a cross from Ocel in the 25th minute.
- Sophomore Jake Warren (Medway, Mass./Medway) chipped home a terrific long service from senior Sam Vinson (Lauderhill, Fla./American Heritage) at the 32:00 mark.
- In the second half, junior back Stephen DiPietto (Westbury, N.Y./Berkshire School) headed home a corner kick from rookie Noah Gans (Newton, Mass./Newton South) in the 49th minute.
- Junior Joshua Handler (Oakdale, Conn./Montville) clanged a long shot off the far post and in in the 55th minute for the team's fifth goal.
- Senior Patrick Flahive (Chatham, Ill./Worcester Academy) rounded out the scoring in the 56th minute on an assist from Breiter.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Brandeis outshot Elms, 30-1. The Blazers' lone attempt came off the foot of CJ Dabkowski in the 77th minute.
- All 27 active members of the Brandeis roster got into the game.
- Elms goalkeeper Julian Brosi had seven saves in the losing effort.
- Three Brandeis keepers (Ben Woodhouse (Suffield, Conn./Suffield), Noah Cohen (North Barrington, Ill./Lake Forest Academy) and Greg Irwin (Passaic, N.J./Seton Hall Prep)) were untested as each played at least 25 minutes.
- Brandeis wraps up a four-match homestand on Tuesday at 7 p.m. against Mass. Maritime.
- Elms hosts Curry College on Monday evening at 6 p.m.